Sorry, this job has expired.
Fort Worth, TX
The tax manager is responsible for managing and tracking all tax filings for a multi-division, multi-state public company. This includes federal, state, and local tax compliance as well as annual permits and franchise tax filings.
• BBA or BS in Accounting
• CPA strongly preferred
• 5 – 7 years experience
• Effective communication skills – written and verbal – to interact with management, peers, legal counsel, CPAs, and outside experts necessary to support internal and external financial reporting
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to travel on a limited basis (currently less than 10%)
• Public/industry combination a plus
• Strong experience in a multi-entity environment a plus
• Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues; makes recommendations
• Research local tax requirements for expanded geographic presence
• Prepare state and local tax filings and/or coordinate with external tax consultants who prepare them
• Coordinate preparation of US and Canadian tax filings with external preparers
• Prepares basic returns, tax projections, property tax returns, employee benefit plan returns, etc.
• Works with confidential matters
• Other duties assigned as needed
Superior Silica Sands is not only a great company to work with, we’re a wonderful company to work for. We are committed to our employees and their families, providing a wide array of benefits, including:
• Good pay and benefits
• A family-sensitive environment
• A commitment to the highest ethical standards
• Open, honest and direct communications
• A commitment to each other
• A commitment to stringent health and safety measures
• A fun, easy-going culture
• Leadership that is responsive to employees’ needs
Are you interested in being a part of a superior team? Apply today!