Superior Silica Sands is not only a great company to work with, we’re a wonderful company to work for! We are committed to our employees and their families.
We are now hiring an IT Systems Administrator for our corporate headquarters in Fort Worth.
The IT Systems Administrator is located at our Corporate HQ in Fort Worth, TX.
This position is responsible for the effective provisioning, monitoring, and maintenance activities for desktop and enterprise server applications, hardware and related systems.
The IT Systems Administrator must have strong networking skills to oversee the configuration and maintenance of our Plant and mining Operation systems.
This position ensures that all systems adhere to industry best practices for security compliance, operational efficiency, and high availability. They will be responsible for analyzing, organizing, prioritizing and resolving issues within established time frames at corporate and other branch offices. They also will be responsible for incident management, service request management and provide local and remote technical support services for end users in support of all departments.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Provide technical support for both hardware and software issues our users encounter
• Serve as escalated point of contact for our Scada, PLC and HMI systems
• Manage the configuration and operation of client-based computer operating systems
• Monitor the system daily and respond immediately to security or usability concerns
• Create and verify backups of data
• Respond to and resolve help desk requests
• Upgrade systems and processes as required for enhanced functionality and security issue resolution
• Administrate infrastructure, including PLC’s, firewalls, databases, malware protection software and other
• Review application logs
• Install and test computer-related equipment
• Troubleshoot network issues
• Work with Project manager and Vendors to deliver IT projects on a time and in budget
• Support ongoing technology refresh cycles
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field (preferred)
• 4+ years’ experience in system administration
• Advanced knowledge of system vulnerabilities and security issues
• Basic understanding of Scada and PLC preferred
• Ability to respond to help desk requests after hours on a limited basis
• Prior working experience in an IT leadership capacity with hundreds of users on a LAN/WAN
• Working knowledge of Hyper-V, and SAN technologies
• Strong working knowledge of TCPIP, Subnets, and Microsoft Technology stack
• Familiarity with VoIP phone systems
• Effective problem-solving skills
• Ability to lift approximately 25-30 lbs.
Travel & hours:
Approximately 40% of travel to our remote locations. May require working during non-business hours and on weekends.