Sorry, this job has expired.
San Antonio, TX
The Mine Supervisor reports directly to the Plant Manager and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations and maintenance activities including all operational functions, and directly supervising operations and maintenance employees.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
• Works closely with the Operations and Mining Contractors to maximize operation efficiency.
• Enforces safety while supervising.
• Troubleshoots and identifies process needs to maintain production levels.
• Oversees the plant’s compliance with all Federal and State regulations, operating permits, and company policies and procedures.
• Involves operator and maintenance personnel in the production planning process.
• Ensures safe, responsible and compliant sites through hazard identification, emergency response, routine audits and effective document management.
• Ensures a great customer experience by maintaining production standards, implementing operations programs, and quality control support.
• Delivers profitable site performance by ensuring sites have high up-time, troubleshooting and correcting technology issues, managing operating costs and actively engaging with staff.
• Monitor contractor performance to assess ability to meet quality and delivery requirements.
• Implement new or improved operational processes.
• Analyze information about contractor performance or procurement program success.
• Analyze inventories to determine how to increase inventory turns, reduce waste, or optimize product yield.
• Implement improvements that support business strategies, adapted to changing market conditions, new business opportunities, or cost reduction strategies.
• Other duties assigned as needed.
Education and Experience:
• 2+ years of experience in mining operations
• Strong field and analytical skills
• Familiar with testing standards and procedures for sand.
• Required computer skills include Microsoft office suite (Excel, Word, and Outlook)
• Good planning and organizational skills, ability to multi-task and track multiple projects at a time
• Occasionally work at heights greater than 3 feet.