Health Safety and Environmental Regulations Manager
Sorry, this job has expired.
Superior Silica Sands is not only a great company to work with, we’re a wonderful company to work for! We are committed to our employees and their families.
We are now hiring a Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations Manager. will ensure that all practices are in compliance with company policy and other regulatory requirements.
As the Health, Safety, and Environmental Regulations Manager you can expect to:
• Keep accurate PM-10 records.
• Oversee compliance with local, state and federal EHS regulations
• Inspect specified areas to ensure the presence of fire protection equipment, safety equipment, and first-aid supplies.
• Become a small water system operator.
• Collaborate and conduct new truck driver orientation.
• Update MPAP and Fugitive dust plans according to WDNR standards and with changes in operations
• Practice safe working techniques and reinforce the safety policies, guidelines and procedures as set by the company.
• Review accidents and incidents and conduct field audits, reporting and managing corrective actions.
• Keep accurate and up to date records for each employee according to MSHA standards, task training.
• Accurately complete quarterly, semi-annual, and annual environmental reporting on time to state and federal agencies.
• Purchase safety equipment.
• Work with Human Resources in developing policies and procedures.
• Attend weekly staff and town meetings.
• Communicate with Crew Leads and advise them of their responsibilities as it relates to safety.
• Conduct compliance inspections and safety audits.
• Investigate health-related complaints and accidents to identify causes to determine how such accidents might be prevented in the future.
• Bachelor’s degree or higher in Safety, Engineering, or related technical field preferred.
• 10 years of industrial construction safety experience managing project safety preferred.
• Possess a working knowledge of MSHA.
• Understanding of the procedures for sand sieving and testing.
• Be a coach and a mentor.
• Flexible to change and open to constructive feedback.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications: Excel, Word, Power Point and Outlook.
• Knowledge of oil and gas industry is a plus.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Highly organized and able to meet tight deadlines.
• Random drug testing for employees and contractors.
• Plant safety programs, monitor compliance with company policy and procedures and state and federal regulations.
• Developing Site Preparedness and Emergency Plans and Procedures.
• Mine site permitting with local, state and federal agencies.
• All employees are MSHA Part 46 trained according to the SSS training plan for newly hired miner training, newly hired experienced miner and experienced miner.
• All employees, visitors, and contractors are properly trained in job hazards and safe work practices.
• Daily workplace site inspections for environment, equipment, and practices, in order to ensure compliance with safety standards and government regulations.
• PM-10 with 3rd party inspections.
• Annual ground testing and pressure system inspections.
• Truck inspections with 3rd party inspector.
• Annual hearing conservation program.
• Yearly exams for all Plant employees along with necessary documentation.
• An EHS manual with all EHS Managers.
• A fall protection program and hazcom program.
• Industrial health training.
• Hygiene programs such as noise surveys, continuous atmosphere monitoring, and ventilation surveys.
• Tool Box Talks; an Emergency Response Team; and task training procedures.
• Environmental policy and procedure manuals are available and updated at all times.
• Contractor personnel working on the property are in compliance with SSS policies and MSHA requirements.
• Inspections by regulatory agencies are coordinated and deficiencies are corrected.
• Delegation of Authority is followed according to SSS policies.
• Accident and near-miss incidents investigations are conducted on a timely manner and that effective assessment and analysis, identification of corrective action, and desired follow-up are achieved.
• SOP’s for all safe work practices and equipment.
• Logs and documentation associated with permits and regulatory requirements.
• Current listing of safety data sheets.
• PM-10 monitoring – change filters, flow verifications, recalibrations.
• Fall protection annual inspection.
• Fit testing of employees for respiratory equipment.
• Monthly inspection of pond berms integrity.
• Monthly well water readings for fresh and high cap wells.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to lift up to 70 lbs.
• Ability to frequently stand, walk, bend, stretch, reach over shoulder height, and lift heavy equipment.
• Ability to climb ladders up to 25 feet.
• Ability to occasionally work at heights greater than 3 feet.
• Ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, and demanding environment.
• Ability to walk on uneven terrain.
• Ability to work in team.
• Excellent communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.